Granite Pestle & Mortar, Black
- Made from solid pure Granite, the Pestle and Mortar is built to last
- Crush and grind herbs, spices, salt, pepper and much more with ease
- Easily create your own curry pastes, pestos and dressings in the comfort of your kitchen
- Durable enough to withstand even the most vigorous of use - ideal for soft and hard ingredients alike
- Large 14cm diameter - great for holding your essential ingredients
- Free Extended 2 Year Warranty - Registration Required. T&C's apply.
Over the years, scores of kitchen utensils have fallen by the wayside and found themselves replaced by superior models, although the trusted pestle and mortar isn’t one of them.
The History of the Pestle and Mortar
Dating back to around 1550 B.C. the pestle and mortar has truly stood the test of time. Nowadays, the Pestle and Mortar is most commonly used in the kitchen, although the Egyptians and Persians also made use of the pestle and mortar to grind ingredients for medicinal purposes.
Over the years, pestles and mortars have been made from a variety of materials, such as porcelain, bronze, iron, brass, wood and, in the case of the VonShef Pestle and Mortar, granite.
The VonShef Pestle and Mortar is an essential in the culinary arsenal of any professional or budding chef, with so many top of the range food mixers on the market. The pestle and mortar is well-known for its ability to release the natural flavours from herbs and spices, creating dishes which are much tastier and really tickle the taste buds.
Made from solid granite, the VonShef Pestle and Mortar is tough enough to withstand even the most vigorous of use - providing you with years of faithful service. Granite is one of the toughest rocks around, due to the interlocking crystal structure which forms as it cools from melt. Perfect for grinding soft, hard, fresh and dried ingredients alike, as granite doesn’t absorb liquid, extracting oils from herbs and spices is simple.
The VonShef Pestle and Mortar is ideal for grinding a wide variety of ingredients, including but not limited to herbs, spices, salt, pepper, nuts and garlic - there’s always a place for the Pestle and Mortar in your kitchen. Fantastic for creating your own curry pastes, pestos and dressings, the Pestle and Mortar lets you step your culinary creations up a notch - friends and family will be seriously impressed at your next dinner party.
As well as allowing you to create super tasty dishes from scratch, the VonShef Pestle and Mortar could also be a fantastic little money saver - no more buying over-priced (and, arguably less tasty) pre-packaged ingredients from the supermarket.
Even when it’s not in use, the Pestle and Mortar still serves as a fantastic addition to your kitchen with its iconic good looks. Why not treat a loved one to the VonShef Pestle and Mortar? This is one kitchen essential you definitely won’t want to keep to yourself!
Height: 10 cm, Diameter: 14 cm
- Free Standard Delivery on all UK mainland orders - UK standard delivery takes 3-5 working days to deliver from dispatch.
- £1.99 UK Next Day Delivery (Mon-Fri) - Next Day Delivery is available on orders placed before 3pm.
If you’re in any way unhappy with your product you can return it to us within 30 days of your product being dispatched.
If you want to return an item or if your product is faulty, you just need to contact us via email; [email protected]