Cast Iron Casserole Dish
- Ideal for roasts, stews, casseroles and other dishes
- Features a flat bottom for cooker top heat sources
- Self-basting domed lid preserves moisture during cooking
- Pre-seasoned non-stick finish
- 25cm diameter. 31.4 x 25.8 x 18.2cm. 4.7L Capacity
This casserole accommodates a generous 4.7 litres of contents, making it the ideal size if you’re preparing dinner for friends and family. It has a snug-fitting domed lid to keep precious flavours in the pot and a flat bottom so can use it on the hob, as well as in the oven.
It is suitable for all types of heat source, including gas, electric, ceramic/halogen and induction hobs.
Made from pre-seasoned cast iron, the VonShef casserole is naturally non-stick. The cooking surface is seasoned by baking vegetable oil on to the surface at a very high temperature, creating an easy-release surface, without the need for any chemical coating.
The heat treatment encourages the oil to penetrate into the pores of the iron to give it non-stick properties without the health worries associated with some chemicals. You can easily maintain the surface by rubbing in a little fresh oil after washing in soap and water.